1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, If you'd like to instant message with many other users, then join our
    Official Rune-Status Discord Server!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Got your own Server? Looking for a Server to play right now??
    Make sure you check out the Public Server Directory!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're new to the Rsps Scene and want to jump straight into learning how to Set-up and Customise your own RuneScape Private Sever then check out the Guides and Tutorials for RS2 here.
    Dismiss Notice

GTX 1080Ti or regular 1080?

Discussion in 'Software & Hardware' started by ledion, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Hey guys im going to be building my own computer soon and im wondering should i invest into a gtx 1080ti or get a regular one. Any suggestions?

Tags:
  2. the ti would win in comparison, for sure but it all depends on what you're using it for. ask yourself if you really need the extra speed that the ti offers. the 1080 offers a better "frames per dollar", but if you're going to be doing some hardcore gaming, video production, etc, then consider the ti. if you're upgrading from an older version, such as the 780, just go for the 1080 and save $$$.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. 30% price difference for 25% in performance. Choice is yours - no real difference is $/FPS. However, I think that number is a little misleading - I think the more important factor for a computer built for gaming is increase in overall system price for performance. In that case, assuming you're building a machine that costs a grand with a 1080 non-TI, the jump to TI is a 13% price increase for 25% performance gain.

4. Depends on your display, if you have a 1080p screen you shouldn't even consider one of those tbh. I have a 1070 and at 1080p I can play almost all games at 70-80fps without OC. Unless you have a 4k screen or want to run all games at 120+hz it might be worth it.

• List
  5. Honestly depending on what you are doing, it would be pretty pointless to spend the extra money on the 1080ti. Yeah, it might be better, but you'd probably be getting it just to say you have it. I have a 1050ti and run 250 FPS on medium/high graphics, and it cost like <1/6 of the price of a 1080. My monitor was $200 and its just a 1080p 144hz 1ms FreeSync monitor. You don't need the 1080ti, but if you want to ball out then just buy it. :P

• List
  6. The regular one is fine as you can just overclock it to match almost the same performance of a TI.