1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, If you'd like to instant message with many other users, then join our
    Official Rune-Status Discord Server!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Got your own Server? Looking for a Server to play right now??
    Make sure you check out the Public Server Directory!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're new to the Rsps Scene and want to jump straight into learning how to Set-up and Customise your own RuneScape Private Sever then check out the Guides and Tutorials for RS2 here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest,
Are you sure your posting in the Right Sections?
If your unsure which RuneTek version you are working with visit this page to find out.

rev.317 How does object clipping work?

Discussion in 'Help & Requests' started by Knd6060, May 9, 2018.

1. Hi I'm new to rsps but have coded in java for quite a while. I'm having problems with clicking some ladders that don't get through the firstclick object code so I can make them take the player to somewhere else.
    This is Ruse base.

FIXED what was here before now with regionclipping.

Another aside thing
    I am using hint arrows to indicate to the player where portals spawn (all this is part of custom minigame). The hint arrow is sent to the same position as the portal and sometimes I only see the hint arrow without the portal. I've realized the problem is with changing regions or something like that as it only happens when I go up/down ladders that take me a large distance away. If I'm at X=2000, Y=8000 Z=0. And the portals spawns at X=2000 Y =2000. Then I go up the ladder takes me close to the portal. I won't see it.
    If I'm at the same position as the portal already, I will see the portal, but if I go far away and come back it will be gone. Any suggestions how to fix this?

#1 Knd6060, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Tags:
  2. It's alright now, I used a different RegionClipping.java file and added the relevant methods that it called elsewhere and added .gz files that were missing and it fixed objects not getting through the first click part. But still have problem with portal objects not showing due to distance/region changing

#2 Knd6060, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018