1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, If you'd like to instant message with many other users, then join our
    Official Rune-Status Discord Server!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Got your own Server? Looking for a Server to play right now??
    Make sure you check out the Public Server Directory!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're new to the Rsps Scene and want to jump straight into learning how to Set-up and Customise your own RuneScape Private Sever then check out the Guides and Tutorials for RS2 here.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Your Specs

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Loveandpower, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Just as title says let's get this category going shall we?

My computer is fairly low to middle grade by this point but when I originally built it it was a higher ish grade. Still does great for most purposes though so can't complain. (the joys of profit from running a rsps lol...)

CPU: AMD FX 8320
    GPU: AMD RADEON 7850 2GB SAPPHIRE
    HDD: 1TB x 3 (I really want to replace these eventually, also want to get a SSD) - all are WD yeah yeah i know..
    MOBO: GIGABYTE USB3 (I don't remember model # but it's fairly basic just wanted specific ports really)
    RAM: 8x2 Corsair 1866
    Case NZXT (I forget the specific name but it does great)

Fun facts

-I have OC'd to 5.0 GHz and was still below 85' (to be fair the GHz is different than Intel but that's why I love AMD the OC is unclocked so I can go as high as much as I want until I destroy the hardware of course :emoji_laughing:..))

-I run both Linux and Windows on my machine. I used to have a MAC OS but I wasn't a fan of it personally.

2. What I have atm:
    • CPU: i7 6700
    • Mobo: ASUS B150 Pro Gaming AURA
    • RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Corsair 2400Mhz
    • GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor Edition
    • Case: CM Storm Scout
    • HDD 1: 128GB Crucial SSD
    • HDD 2: 500GB HDD
    • HDD 3: 2 TB HDD
    • HDD 4 & 5: 2x 3TB HDD in RAID 1
    It's a pretty solid build and it's been treating me well. Had the case since I first ever built it with an AMD FX 6100 back in 2011 :P

• [CPU] AMD FX8350
    • [GPU] Radeon HD7970
    • [MOBO] Gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 (only bc 32gb ram support)
    • [RAM] 32GB 2133mhz
    • [CASE] CM Storm Trooper
    [STORAGE]
    • 2x Sandisk 240GB SSD
    • OCZ 240GB SSD
    • WD 4TB HDD/SSD Hybrid (3 & 1 TB Partitions)

3. Any reason why only RAID 1? Could do a lo better!

So lucky having 3x SSD :emoji_frowning2: Still a decent Motherboard we may have the same one now that I think about it.

4. For the price I think its one of the best, but the pci and pcie slots are too close together to have a soundcard with a full sized gpu :/

5. Simply because I wanted a large and redundant storage solution to backup my PC :P

6. Desktop:
    • CPU: i5 4670K (4c @ 4.2GHz OC)
    • GPU: GTX 680
    • RAM: 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    • Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero
    • Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 Evo, 6TB JBOD

MacBook:
    • CPU: i7 4960HQ (4c/8t @ 2.6 GHz w/ turbo to 3.8 GHz)
    • GPU: GT 750M
    • RAM: 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    • Storage: 512GB PCIe SSD
    • Screen: 2880x1800 IPS panel