1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, If you'd like to instant message with many other users, then join our
    Official Rune-Status Discord Server!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Got your own Server? Looking for a Server to play right now??
    Make sure you check out the Public Server Directory!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're new to the Rsps Scene and want to jump straight into learning how to Set-up and Customise your own RuneScape Private Sever then check out the Guides and Tutorials for RS2 here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest,
Are you sure your posting in the Right Sections?
If your unsure which RuneTek version you are working with visit this page to find out.

768+ (RS3) Rs3 vs 830+ Ability click lag

Discussion in 'Help & Requests' started by ledion, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Hey guys, while I was working on the 830 matrix 3 rsps, I recently found out that when an ability is clicked in the rsps it takes like a half second for it to activate while when i went on rs3 its instant so its not a real feature. Any ideas of how I can fix this?

2. This has to do with how the things are handled. Much like switching, the actions go in effect immediately (not processed by the next game cycle). For example, you receive the incoming packet for an ability, you immediately (or with a slight delay) send some animations and graphics back and the next game cycle will take care of the rest such as displaying hit splats and other effects.

I can't recall if the hits are also faster than a game cycle, but if they are, they work on the same principle. In fact, there might even be a separate loop going on for abilities specifically, with a smaller cycle duration (for example, 300ms instead of the normal 600ms).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List